Effective managers lead businesses and organisations in achieving their goals. Studying management equips you with the leadership, analysis, planning and decision-making skills you need to succeed from day one.
You will learn about your own personal effectiveness, how to work in teams, and how to solve real organisational problems.
You will understand the principles of making good business decisions, managing business operations, dealing with change, thinking globally, and acting ethically.
Management studies are an ideal starting point if you are seeking a career:
- In a consulting firm
- To advise social enterprises
- To innovate within an existing organisation
- To set up your own business
- In human resource management
- In international business
- In operations management
- In organisations development
Key management responsibilities can include:
- Providing direction through leadership, strategic planning and decision-making
- Recruiting, training and managing staff, and developing the capabilities of the organisation
- Developing efficiency, quality and innovation in operations in a global context.
MANAGEMENT AT MELBOURNE
- Enjoy real-world industry experience through capstone subject opportunities in Melbourne and abroad
- Graduate with career-ready skills, including designing and implementing organisational policies, expertise in employment relations management, strategic planning, persuasive communication and effective negotiation