Effective managers lead businesses and organisations in achieving their goals by bringing people and processes together. Studying management equips you with the leadership, analysis, planning and decision-making skills you need to succeed from day one.
Management studies are an ideal starting point if you are seeking a career:
- In a consulting firm
- To advise social enterprises
- To innovate within an existing organisation
- To set up your own business
- In human resource management
- In international business
- In operations management
- In organisation development.
Key management responsibilities can include:
- Providing direction through leadership, strategic planning, and decision-making
- Recruiting, training and managing staff, and developing the capabilities of the organisation
- Developing efficiency, quality, and innovation in operations in a global context.
MANAGEMENT AT MELBOURNE
- Understand the principles of making good business decisions, managing business operations, dealing with change, thinking globally, and acting ethically
- Learn about your own personal effectiveness, how to work in teams, and how to solve real organisational problems
- Enjoy real-world industry experience through capstone subject opportunities in Melbourne and abroad
- Graduate with career-ready skills, including designing and implementing organisational policies, expertise in employment relations management, strategic planning, persuasive communication, and effective negotiation.