Bachelor of Commerce
- CRICOS Code: 002143B
- VTAC Code: 3800538101
- International VTAC Code: 3800538103
- 3 years full time / 6 years part time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
Equip yourself with the skills and knowledge to understand and solve key business challenges. Make a difference to society, policy, and organisations while forging a pathway to a global career.
Why commerce at Melbourne?
- We are Australia’s #1 university for business and management
Including #1 for quality of teaching (Times Higher World University Rankings 2020)
- Build a strong foundation in core commerce subjects while discovering where your passions lie
Your majors and electives will deepen your commerce knowledge, while breadth subjects will complement your studies
- Be workforce and career ready after three years
80% of our graduates are employed full-time within the first four months of graduating, with 34% securing a job with EY, Deloitte, KPMG, PwC or NAB (Graduate Outcomes Survey, 2018)
- Be close to the central business district thanks to our central Melbourne campus location
- Feel confident in your future as a Melbourne commerce graduate, no matter your career goals
You will have an outstanding reputation among employers for your strong understanding of business processes, resourcefulness and problem-solving and leadership skills
- Gain practical experience, build networks and access an engaged alumni community
Our strong industry connections with leading firms and organisations through our consulting subjects, student clubs, case competitions, and exclusive programs mean you’ll have a competitive edge in the workforce
Focus your degree
The Bachelor of Commerce has six majors you can choose from in your first or second year.
You can even decide to do a double major, combining any two of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, and Management.
*You’ll need to start subjects from these majors in your first year because of accreditation requirements
The University’s comprehensive scholarship program is designed to help you build on your potential while you study, to turn ambition into achievement. Key scholarships for our commerce students include:
- Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Commerce Achievement Scholarship
- The Dawn Wade Scholarship (for Access Melbourne eligible students)
- Commerce at International House Scholarship
- First in Family Scholarship (for Access Melbourne eligible students)
- A.G. Whitlam International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship (for students from Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and Vietnam)
- Bachelor of Commerce Global Scholarship (for students from under-represented countries)
- International Undergraduate Partner Scholarship (for students from select domestic and international partner institutions)
Check the scholarship website for the full list.
Graduate pathways and future study
Whether your aim is to work for a large financial consultancy, a tech startup or a social enterprise, the Bachelor of Commerce can take you straight into industry, further business and economics specialisation at Melbourne Business School, or a pathway to a range of graduate programs such as Law or Engineering.