Accounting informs management decision-making and the allocation of resources through measuring and improving company performance.
Professional accountants operate in an increasingly complex and sophisticated field and are valued in today’s dynamic, technology-rich industries. Because they act as strategic advisers and business partners, they must understand business issues and processes and have the skills necessary for sound decision-making.
why study accounting?
Accounting is a pathway to a range of careers for aspiring leaders who want to play an important role in driving organisational success amidst a rapidly changing world. You will develop analytical reasoning and data skills to equip yourself with the ability to make sound and strategic business decisions.
ACCOUNTING AT MELBOURNE
- Melbourne is known for the quality of its accounting program and strong graduate employability outcomes
- This major offers a direct path to becoming a qualified accountant and receiving professional body accreditation
- You’ll learn how to produce and interpret financial information and improve resource allocation
- Develop critical understanding of financial accounting and its functions in modern economies
- Learn how to combine tools of measurement and valuation with the art of communication