Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- CRICOS Code: 094861K
- VTAC Code: 3800610071
- International VTAC Code: 3800610073
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting) is a future-focused program nurturing the next generation of culturally aware actors for the international stage and screens.
The course offers intensive studio-based actor training that uses a conservatoire-style approach to prepare you to work across all areas of the profession for stage, screen and digital media, including animation and gaming.
The structure of the course allows intensive skills training and practice to take place alongside rehearsal processes and a wide variety of performance situations. With small class sizes in a studio-based environment, you will develop a creative methodology and sense of self in your artistic practice, working in concentrated workshop environments and on public productions and showings.
Breadth subjects at each year level enable you to explore cross disciplinary studies from the wider University community, accessing multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills that will build on existing knowledge or present opportunities for you to investigate and develop new interests.
- Develop a command of acting skills, including body, voice, and movement
- Gain experience in acting across a broad range of performance contexts for stage and screen
- Consolidate a working methodology as an autonomous, ensemble and company actor
- Collaborate with VCA Theatre, Film and Television, and Production students throughout the course
- Develop the artistic skills to forge a successful career as an actor in the Asia Pacific and beyond.
Upon completion of the course, you may choose to apply for a fourth-year Honours degree. An honours year provides an intensive mode of study allowing you to master your specialisation and create a pathway into advanced graduate study options in acting.