Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation)
- VTAC Code: 3800639071
- International VTAC Code: 3800639073
How to apply
Applying for Start year intake (February)
There are three components to the application process. The first component must be submitted by the application closing date:
Step 1 VTAC APPLICATION
All domestic students apply for this course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). There is an early closing date of 5.00pm on 31 August 2018 for this course
If you are a domestic student studying your final year of secondary school outside Australia, you still apply through VTAC and you must submit your final results, as soon as they are available, to VTAC. You can submit your application to VTAC before you get your final results.
If you are applying to commence in second-year or later, you still need to apply through VTAC.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
After the closing date
Step 2 Selection test
Instructions on how to complete the Selection Test are released in early September.
Notifications will be sent to all applicants who have completed a VTAC application. Please note that applicants who have not completed an application in Step 1 will not be considered for entry.
The test assesses each applicant's creative potential and ability to express yourself clearly and distinctively. We strongly advise applicants allow at least two weeks' time to complete the Selection Test to ensure a competitive application.
In addition to a VTAC application fee, applicants will be charged a Faculty administration fee of $US55, payable via SlideRoom.
Step 3 interview
If short-listed, applicants will then be required to attend an interview as the third component of the application process. For more information, see Admissions Criteria under the Entry Requirements page.
Special Entry Access Scheme (Access Melbourne)
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your ATAR is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible.
Applications for Access Melbourne and Access Scholarships are made when you apply through VTAC using the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application form on the VTAC website.
Your offer and enrolment
For Semester 1 entry, VTAC will notify you if you have received an offer for your course in January. You will also receive an official offer email from the University of Melbourne explaining how to accept your offer and what you need to do to enrol.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you’re eligible
- Apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- See if you are eligible for Access Melbourne and submit an application via the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) on the VTAC website
- Complete and submit the Selection Test and pay the administration fee
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to attend an interview
- Application outcomes will be issued in January 2019
- Accept your offer to the University of Melbourne and complete your enrolment