Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation)
- CRICOS code: 093582C
- VTAC code: 3800639071
- International VTAC code: 3800639073
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Southbank)
- Available to domestic and international students
- Start Year Intake - February
Animation at the Victorian College of the Arts has a longstanding, world-class reputation. Our graduates light up animated screens around the world.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation) involves the practical exploration, innovation and development of animated screen production. It incorporates research, idea development, screenwriting, storyboarding, character design and expression through intensive studio-based learning. It also covers a comprehensive range of animation art, craft and technical production methods, styles and outcomes.
You will have access to professional facilities and resources, including animation and stop-motion studios; rushes viewing rooms; editing, sound recording and mixing suites; 90 and 220-seat cinemas; professional production equipment; and HD digital vision and audio post-production facilities.
Animation methods include paint on glass, charcoal, sand, ink, 2D and 3D digital, stop-motion, pixilation, rotoscoping, visual effects and motion graphics, experimental film techniques, projection art and interdisciplinary collaborations.
Breadth subjects at each year level enable you to explore cross disciplinary studies from the wider University community, accessing multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills that will build on existing knowledge or present opportunities for you to investigate and develop new interests.
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills in seeing an animation production through all stages of development, production and post production
- Develop your individual creative voice and animation style
- Collaborate with related disciplines to plan and execute an interdisciplinary project with animation
- In every year level, produce an animated short film that is completely your own – written, directed, animated, sound-designed and edited by you.