Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- CRICOS Code: 093583B
- VTAC Code: 3800638931
- International VTAC Code: 3800638933
How to apply
Applying for Semester 1 2020 intake (February)
All applications open 9am Monday 5 August 2019
All applications close 5pm Saturday 31 August 2019
There are four components to each application. You will be required to submit components 1-3 before the application closing date and then Step 4 after the application closing date:
Step 1 Apply through vtac
All domestic students apply for this course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). There is an early closing date of 5.00pm on Saturday 31 August 2019 for this course.
If you are a domestic student studying your final year of secondary school outside Australia, you still apply through VTAC and you must submit your final results, as soon as they are available, to VTAC. You can submit your application to VTAC before you get your final results.
If you are applying to commence in second-year or later, you still need to apply through VTAC.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
Step 2 slideroom
Once your course application is submitted through VTAC, you will be directed to complete and submit the Supplementary Application Form via SlideRoom. In addition to the VTAC application fee you will also need to pay an additional non-refundable administration fee of $US55 (payable via SlideRoom). Information will be provided in your VTAC application.
Step 3 PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
We recommend you undergo a physical examination by a qualified physiotherapist to establish your suitability to undertake dance training and submit a completed Physiotherapy Examination Form via Supplementary Application Form via SlideRoom.
Step 4 AFTER the Application closing date
After the application closing date you are required to audition as the fourth component of the application process. For more information on the audition requirements, see Auditions and interviews.
Special Entry Access Scheme (Access Melbourne)
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your ATAR is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible.
Applications for Access Melbourne and Access Scholarships are made when you apply through VTAC using the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application form on the VTAC website.
Your offer and enrolment
For Semester 1 entry, VTAC will notify you if you have received an offer for your course in January. You will also receive an official offer email from the University of Melbourne explaining how to accept your offer and what you need to do to enrol.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you’re eligible
- Apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) by the early closing date of 5.00pm on 31 August, 2019
- See if you are eligible for Access Melbourne and submit an application via the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) on the VTAC website
- Complete and submit the Supplementary Application form and pay the administration fee
- Complete and submit a copy of your Physiotherapy Examination Form
- Prepare and attend an audition, shortlisted applicants will attend an interview on the same day
- Application outcomes will be issued in January 2020
- Accept your offer to the University of Melbourne and complete your enrolment