Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- CRICOS Code: 093583B
- VTAC Code: 3800638931
- International VTAC Code: 3800638933
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- Southbank campus located in Melbourne city's arts precinct
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - March
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance) builds on the VCA’s outstanding reputation for performance-focused dance training. It attracts highly motivated, disciplined and creative dancers who are interested in shaping the future of Australian dance.
The Bachelor of Arts (Dance) at the VCA is renowned for performance-focused dance training which attracts highly motivated, disciplined and creative dancers who are interested in shaping the future of Australian dance. The course develops technically strong, kinaesthetically aware dance artists through specialist training in contemporary dance, ballet, dance science, somatic practices, choreography and performance. New works by professional Australian and international choreographers provide invaluable performance experience and interaction with the dance profession.
There is some flexibility within the degree, allowing you to choose elective subjects in dance or from other artistic disciplines at the VCA. You can also complete electives from outside of the VCA’s offerings, to prepare you for other pathways such as teaching.
You will have access to state-of-the art facilities, including five purpose-built dance studios and a range of on-campus theatre and performance spaces.
In a vibrant and stimulating atmosphere, train to meet the technical demands, kinaesthical awareness and creative challenges of careers in dance.
Gain knowledge in:
- Contemporary dance
- Classical ballet
- Dance science & somatic practices
- Develop your technical skills in contemporary and classical dance
- Learn to improvise, devise and structure choreographic material
- Acquire a critical vocabulary and analytical approach to the appreciation of artistic dance works