Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television)
- CRICOS Code: 093584A
- VTAC Code: 3800638941
- International VTAC Code: 3800638943
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Southbank)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February
The VCA’s School of Film and Television is Australia’s premier film school.
The Film and Television specialisation develops your creative voice and the skills to make distinctive screen programs to a high artistic and technical standard. Our students and graduates alike continue to win numerous industry awards on the national and international stages, including festivals such as Berlin International, Cannes through to the Academy Awards.
As a Film & Television student, you will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources, including fully equipped production studios, animation studios, and 90 and 220-seat cinemas; analogue and digital cinema cameras and audio recording kits; and HD digital vision and audio post-production facilities.
- Develop advanced, practical filmmaking skills including direction of actors, cinematography, sound recording and editing, production management, assistant directing and other fundamental principles of filmmaking
- Learn how to research, develop, write and design a narrative short film
- In production-based assignments you write, direct and edit your own work, strengthening your individual creative voice, and crewing on your fellow students’ productions – which develops valuable peer networks and skills.
- Acquire ability to critically and constructively critique your own and peers’ screen production work in the context of the broader history of screen culture
- Graduate with an industry-standard, narrative short film