Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Art)
- CRICOS Code: 093589G
- VTAC Code: 3800638991
- International VTAC Code: 3800638993
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Southbank)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - March
Visual Art offers an immersive, studio-based environment that fosters self-directed studio practice in your choice of Drawing and Printmaking, Painting, Photography or Sculpture and Spatial Practice.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Art) is a specialist course that will help you develop practical skills and theoretical knowledge in the visual arts. From the outset, your studio projects are expected to demonstrate investigation and experimentation with a range of concepts, materials, techniques and processes. Your studies will culminate in a resolved body of artwork for inclusion in the Graduate Exhibition at the conclusion of the degree.
- Obtain knowledge and skills to maintain an independent artistic practice
- Develop confidence to undertake experimental technical/artistic approaches in developing set projects
- Develop understanding of topics in contemporary art criticism and aesthetic theory