Bachelor of Science (Extended)
- VTAC Code: 3800510021
- International VTAC Code: NA
How to apply
Applying for Semester 1 intake (February)
All domestic students apply for this course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
If you are a domestic student studying your final year of secondary school outside Australia, you still apply through VTAC and you must submit your final results, as soon as they are available, to VTAC. You can submit your application to VTAC before you get your final results.
If you are applying to commence in second-year or later, you still need to apply through VTAC.
Special Entry Access Scheme — Access Melbourne
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students. Indigenous students applying for the Bachelor of Science (Extended) must submit a SEAS application.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your ATAR is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian (guaranteed entry category)
- Disadvantaged financial background (guaranteed entry category)
- From a rural or isolated area (guaranteed entry category)
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible.
Applications for Access Melbourne and Access Scholarships are made when you apply through VTAC using the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application form on the VTAC website.
Murrup Barak —Melbourne Institute for Indigenous Development
In addition to the information above about applying through VTAC and submitting your SEAS application, please also review the information provided by Murrup Barak relating to the application process. As part of the application process, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students will need to confirm their Aboriginality. This is information is required for you to be eligible for Indigenous targeted places and for Indigenous specific scholarships.
Your offer and enrolment
For Semester 1 entry, VTAC will notify you if you have received an offer for your course in January. You will also receive an official offer email from the University of Melbourne explaining how to accept your offer and what you need to do to enrol.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you’re eligible
- Apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Submit an application via the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) on the VTAC website
- Speak to Murrup Barak about the application process
- Visit the VTAC website in January to view your offer for Semester 1 entry. If you have been successful you will also get an official email from the University
- Accept your offer to the University of Melbourne and complete your enrolment