This program will feature online lectures and hands-on sessions in the School’s state of the art laboratory.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions) to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on Pre-clinical lab session – this session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and Live Q&A session.
Eight online lectures/presentations by Endodontists covering:
- Endodontic diagnosis
- Working length determination
- Rotary NiTi systems and techniques
- Sealing the root canal system
- Update on internal bleaching of teeth
- Endodontic radiography
- The roles of calcium silicate-based cements in endodontics
- Restoration of the endodontically treated tooth
- Management of the difficult patient
- Demonstrations of different rotary NiTi systems
- Demonstrations of obturation strategies
- One full day of hands-on practice supervised by endodontists
- Hands-on experience with a range of rotary NiTi systems in plastic blocks, plastic teeth & extracted teeth
- Hands-on experience with apex location
- Hands-on experience with obturation of canals using different systems
- Simple and effective root canal obturation techniques
- Experience working through an operating microscope
- Aseptic endodontic strategies to achieve maximum microbiological control
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to apply:
- Strategies and techniques for endodontic diagnosis
- The role of small hand instruments in contemporary endodontic instrumentation
- An understanding of concepts of working length determination, including the use of electronic apex locators
- Principles and practical aspects of rotary NiTi techniques and systems
- Criteria for optimal root canal obturation
- Current concepts of internal tooth bleaching
- Contemporary radiographic techniques in endodontics
- Calcium silicate-based materials in endodontic obturation, perforation repair and vital pulp therapy
- An understanding of the biology and technical aspects of the restoration of root-filled teeth
- How to efficiently and predictably manage difficult patients
This course is proudly sponsored by:
For enquiries, contact: email@example.com
Check out a full profile on the presenters.
Dr Vui Tan
Dr Vivian Liu
Dr Vijay John
Dr Dr Morgan Wu
Dr Mohamed Amer
Associate Professor Mark Evans
Dr Luke Borgula
Professor Peter Parashos