Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Transthoracic Echocardiography
The Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Transthoracic Echocardiography (FCU TTE) Course offers a comprehensive knowledge base through learning practical skills in transthoracic echocardiography to complement clinical evaluation.
The course has been designed to use the CAE Vimedix Ultrasound Simulators to reinforce clinical simulator case studies. The participant will learn practical skills in focused transthoracic echocardiography (TTE), also known as focused cardiac ultrasound (FCU) and additional learning that outlines both normal and pathology cases relevant to anaesthesia, critical care, emergency medicine, surgery and internal medicine.
Each 3-workshop caters for a maximum of 5 participants per simulator, allowing for focused group learning with an experienced trainer.
We have changed the way we run workshops! We are encouraging everyone to purchase the online content, we promise to run this workshop at least once a month. We will publish the workshop dates 3 months in advance and you can book in when the workshop that suits you comes up.
Designed for Anaesthetists, intensive care, and emergency department physicians, and surgeons who wish to learn how to use Point-Of-Care (POC) transthoracic guidance techniques.
- Acquire the TTE views
- Understand haemodynamic State Assessment
- Perform limited valve assessment using 2D and colour flow Doppler
- Putting it all together – doing a iHeartScan
- Writing a iHeartScan report
- Practical experience in performing and reporting an iHeartScan on simulated and real patients
The TTE simulator course is delivered in four components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials and 20 online case studies. This provides the knowledge base to perform and interpret basic TTE.
- Three-hour workshop. Supervised orientation workshop.
- Post-workshop Case Studies and Exam. 10 online cases to perform using the simulator. The participant in their own time will work through a case study, acquiring images, interpreting pathology, writing a report and completing assessments relevant to the case. At the end of this stage, there is an online MCQ exam.
- 30 online logbooks to record clinical activity performed on patients.
Completion of the course requires a 70% pass mark of all pre-reading cases, simulator cases, and exam.
This course has a workshop component. Course material can be accessed on our learning portal using a web browser.
This course is available for claiming below CME / CPD:
For more information, go to How to Claim CME and CPD.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Participants are required to inform our office in writing by completing this enquiry form if they need to cancel their place in a workshop.
- Students are offered 7 opportunities to attend the workshop throughout the year.
- Course refunds will not be offered to those who cannot attend the workshop, unless in extenuating circumstances.