Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Venous Access
Never miss an intravenous drip again after you have completed this course! In this course you will be provided the theoretical knowledge, hands-on practical training and the opportunity to master ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation by practicing on simulators. Suitable for all health care workers who perform intravenous cannulation or venous blood sampling.
Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Course materials can be accessed through the app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the program materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Program materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
- Use ultrasound to discriminate arteries and veins
- Use ultrasound to identify the best vein to cannulate
- Use ultrasound to successfully guide a cannula into the vein
- Use ultrasound to correct cannula misfeed
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials, and pre-workshop MCQ exam. This provides the knowledge base to perform ultrasound-guided vascular access.
- 90 minute workshop. Group and one-on-one demonstration of the techniques required how to perform ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation.
- Post-workshop practice. A blue gel block and human arm simulators and ultrasound machines are available to complete the required practice (20 successful cannulations)
The Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Venous Access course is delivered in three components:
Pre and post course online MCQ exam
Optional. 30 online logbook to record clinical activity performed on patients.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT
A: Level 6, Centre for Medical Research (entrance 5), Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3050