Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Venous Access
Never miss an intravenous drip again after you have completed this course! In this course, you will be provided with theoretical knowledge, hands-on practical training and the opportunity to master ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation by practising on simulators.
We have changed the way we run workshops! We are encouraging everyone to purchase the online content, we promise to run this workshop at least once a month. We will publish the workshop dates 3 months in advance and you can book in when the workshop that suits you comes up.
Suitable for all health care workers who perform intravenous cannulation or venous blood sampling.
- Use ultrasound to discriminate arteries and veins
- Use ultrasound to identify the best vein to cannulate
- Use ultrasound to successfully guide a cannula into the vein
- Use ultrasound to correct cannula misfeed
The course is delivered in three components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials, and pre-workshop MCQ exam. This provides the knowledge base to perform ultrasound-guided vascular access.
- 90-minute workshop. Group and one-on-one demonstration of the techniques required how to perform ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation.
- Post-workshop practice. A blue gel block and human arm simulators and ultrasound machines are available to complete the required practice (20 successful cannulations)
This course has a workshop component. Course material can be accessed on our learning portal using a web browser.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Participants are required to inform our office in writing by completing this form if they need to cancel their place in a workshop.
- Students are offered 7 opportunities to attend a workshop throughout the year.
- Course refunds will not be offered to those who cannot attend the workshop, unless in extenuating circumstances.
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT TAKING NEW ENROLMENTS FOR THIS COURSE
Fees: AUD $750 (incl. GST)
Level 6, Centre for Medical Research (entrance 5), Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3050
Pre and post course online MCQ exam Optional. 30 online logbook to record clinical activity performed on patients.