Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Venous Access
Never miss an intravenous drip again after you have completed this course! In this course, you will be provided with the theoretical knowledge, hands-on practical training and the opportunity to master ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation by practising on simulators.
Suitable for all health care workers who perform intravenous cannulation or venous blood sampling.
- Use ultrasound to discriminate arteries and veins
- Use ultrasound to identify the best vein to cannulate
- Use ultrasound to successfully guide a cannula into the vein
- Use ultrasound to correct cannula misfeed
The course is delivered in three components:
- Pre-reading eLearning tutorials, and pre-workshop MCQ exam. This provides the knowledge base to perform ultrasound-guided vascular access.
- 90-minute workshop. Group and one-on-one demonstration of the techniques required how to perform ultrasound-guided peripheral venous cannulation.
- Post-workshop practice. A blue gel block and human arm simulators and ultrasound machines are available to complete the required practice (20 successful cannulations)
This course has a workshop component. Course material can be accessed on our learning portal using a web browser.
12 May 2021 2pm
Fees: AUD $750 (incl. GST)
Level 6, Centre for Medical Research (entrance 5), Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3050
Pre and post course online MCQ exam Optional. 30 online logbook to record clinical activity performed on patients.