Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
2021 Start Year Intake – audition dates and locations will be advertised mid-year 2020.
All applicants must participate in an audition. We highly recommend you have prior training in contemporary dance and other dance techniques including those of non-Western lineages. The audition process will involve a warm-up class, a contemporary dance class and an improvisation/composition workshop. You will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- Evidence of advanced skills in physical thinking
- Embodied literacy in diverse styles and approaches to dance practice and performance
- Kinaesthetic awareness of self and others
- Ability to contribute to creative process and group thinking
- Creative autonomy and agency.
Shortlisted applicants from their audition will also be invited to attend an interview on the same day.
In the interview, applicants will be assessed on:
- Interest and motivation for undertaking the course
- Expectations, future visions and whether these match the program
- Ability to articulate dance goals and have insight into how to achieve these
- Understanding of dance as an art form and its significance and potential in the cultural and arts field and in relation to other arts.
Can't attend this audition?
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a live audition in one of the capital cities. However, applicants who may be overseas or interstate may alternatively submit a RECORDED audition.
All recorded auditions must fulfil all sections and the outlined tasks in the audition instructions
Please nominate your availability in the supplementary form via SlideRoom. Instructions will be sent after the applications closing date.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find these requirements on every course page.