Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
2021 Start Year Intake
Whilst we would love to see you audition in person this year, due to COVID-19 restrictions all applicants are required to submit a video recorded audition. Check out 'A Day in the Life' of one of our students, for some inspiration!
Auditions are to be submitted via the supplementary application form, due Thursday 15 October.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview in late October.
All applicants must participate in an audition. We highly recommend you have prior training in contemporary dance and other dance techniques including those of non-Western lineages.
The video audition involves submitting four short video files:
- Short introduction talking to camera
- Demonstration of classwork and technique
- Set movement phrase
- One minute solo
Detailed video audition guidelines will be available in the supplementary application form.
You will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- Evidence of advanced skills in physical thinking
- Embodied literacy in diverse styles and approaches to dance practice and performance
- Kinaesthetic awareness of self
- Ability to contribute to creative process
- Creative autonomy and agency.
In the callback interview, applicants will be assessed on:
- Interest and motivation for undertaking the course
- Expectations, future visions and whether these match the program
- Ability to articulate dance goals and have insight into how to achieve these
- Understanding of dance as an art form and its significance and potential in the cultural and arts field and in relation to other arts.