Master of Music (Orchestral Performance)
- University of Melbourne application form and Round 1 recorded audition submission via SlideRoom due 1 August 2019.
- Round 2 live auditions will be held in 16 September 2019 in Melbourne for shortlisted applicants.
- Applicants who advanced to the second round that are unable to attend a live audition will be assessed using their round 1 recording submission.
Recorded audition requirements
Applicants are required to prepare a Round 1 audition using prescribed repertoire. Record on video and submit with your application by the application deadline.
View the following audition repertoire:
- Double Bass
- Tenor Trombone
- Bass Trombone
- Timpani & Percussion
- You and your instrument are clearly visible in the video.
- Solo work is recorded in one single unedited take with piano accompaniment, it may be recorded separately to the excerpts.
- All excerpts are recorded in one single take; recording must be unedited.
- Excerpts must be performed in the order listed.
- You upload a queue sheet identifying the order and time each excerpt begins in your recording.
Applicants who pass the first round will be invited to present a live second round audition. Applicants unavailable to attend the audition in Melbourne, will be assessed using their round 1 recording submission.
Applicants will be required to submit their recorded audition via SlideRoom.
Once SlideRoom applications are open, applicants will be able to view, upload, save their progress and return to complete the submission at any time before the closing date. After the close date we will be in touch with you about the next steps with your application and live audition scheduling.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find these requirements on every course page.