Master of Music (Orchestral Performance)
- CRICOS Code: 094859D
How to apply
How do I apply?
Applicants must submit items 1 and 2 by the application closing date and will be notified about item 3:
- A direct application via the University's application portal
- A recorded audition, performance CV, and details of two referees via SlideRoom
- If shortlisted, attend a second round live audition. Please see Auditions & Interviews for more information.
Applications close 14 September 2018 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Upcoming audition dates
- University of Melbourne application form and Round 1 recorded audition submission via SlideRoom due 14 September 2018.
- Round 2 live auditions will be held in 21-23 October 2018 in Melbourne for shortlisted applicants. Applicants who advanced to the second round that are unable to attend a live audition will be assessed using their round 1 recording submission.
- Live auditions will also be held in Singapore and Shanghai. Further information about international auditions can be found here.
Recorded audition requirements
Applicants are required to prepare a Round 1 audition using prescribed repertoire. Record on video and submit with your application by the application deadline.
- You and your instrument are clearly visible in the video
- Solo work is recorded in one single unedited take with piano accompaniment, it may be recorded separately to the excerpts
- All excerpts are recorded in one single take; recording must be unedited
- Excerpts must be performed in the order listed
- You upload a queue sheet identifying the order and time each excerpt begins in your recording
Applicants who pass the first round will be invited to present a live second round audition. Applicants unavailable to attend the audition in Melbourne, will be assessed using their round 1 recording submission.
Applicants will be required to submit their recorded audition via the link to the SlideRoom supplementary page here.
Once SlideRoom applications are open, applicants will be able to view, upload, save their progress and return to complete the submission at any time before the closing date. After the close date we will be in touch with you about the next steps with your application and live audition scheduling.
You’ve chosen your degree and worked out when you want to start studying. Now all you need to do is apply.
It’s important to get your application right. Use our simple checklist and you’ll be on your way in no time:
- Check the degree website
- Check entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal by clicking "Start Your Online Application Now" below. Use course code MC-MUSORP
- Submit a recorded audition, performance CV and details of two referees via SlideRoom before the application closing date
- If invited, complete a second round of auditions in October