Master of Music (Orchestral Performance)
- CRICOS Code: 094859D
How to apply
2020 Semester 1 intake - main assessment round (for domestic and international applicants)
Applications open: 1 June 2019
Applications close: 11:59pm, 1 August 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
How do I apply?
You’ve chosen your degree and worked out when you want to start studying. Now all you need to do is apply!
Applicants must submit items 1 and 2 by the application closing date and will be notified about item 3:
- Submit a direct application via the University's application portal using MC-MUSORP as the course code.
- Upload a recorded audition, performance CV, and details of two referees via SlideRoom
- If shortlisted, attend a second round live audition. Please see Auditions & Interviews for more information.
Upcoming audition dates
- University of Melbourne application form and Round 1 recorded audition submission via SlideRoom due 1 August 2019.
- Round 2 live auditions will be held in 16 September 2019 in Melbourne for shortlisted applicants. Applicants who advanced to the second round that are unable to attend a live audition will be assessed using their round 1 recording submission.
Recorded audition requirements
Applicants are required to prepare a Round 1 audition using prescribed repertoire in the links below. Record in video format and upload to SlideRoom (250MB upload limit) by the application deadline.
- You and your instrument are clearly visible in the video
- Solo work is recorded in one single unedited take with piano accompaniment, it may be recorded separately to the excerpts
- All excerpts are recorded in one single take; recording must be unedited
- Excerpts must be performed in the order listed
- You upload a queue sheet identifying the order and time each excerpt begins in your recording
Applicants who pass the first round will be invited to present a live second round audition. Applicants unavailable to attend the audition in Melbourne, will be assessed using their round 1 recording submission.
Applicants will be required to submit their recorded audition via the link to the SlideRoom supplementary page here.
Once SlideRoom applications are open, applicants will be able to view, upload, save their progress and return to complete the submission at any time before the closing date. After the close date we will be in touch with you about the next steps with your application and live audition scheduling.
It’s important to get your application right. Use our simple checklist and you’ll be on your way in no time:
- Check the degree website
- Check entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal by clicking "Start Your Online Application Now" below. Use course code MC-MUSORP
- Submit a recorded audition, performance CV and details of two referees via SlideRoom before the application closing date
- If invited, complete a second round of auditions in September 2019.