How to pay the application fee
An application fee is payable by all international applicants, except for Graduate Research applications, Juris Doctor (JD) applicants, and in cases indicated in the application fee waivers section below. You will not be able to submit your application until the fee has been paid or waived.
The preferred method of payment is by credit card payment option as part of the online application process. If you do not have a credit card, you may pay the application fee using a bank cheque (also known as a bank draft). Follow these steps:
- Print out the application fee payment form and complete all the details.
- Save your online application and exit the online application.
- Attach your bank cheque to the form. The cheque must be in Australian dollars and made payable to an Australian bank.
- Mail the form and cheque to Office of Admissions, Level 4, 757 Swanston St, University of Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia.
- Once your payment is received and processed, you will be contacted by email by an International Admissions staff member and advised that you can complete and submit your online application.
Application fee waivers
In some cases, the application fee may be waived. The following table outlines who is eligible for an application fee waiver and the process to follow if you are eligible.
|Who is eligible?||What should I do|
|Current University of Melbourne students applying for another course or converting from a Masters program to a PhD or vice versa|
Applicants who are being sponsored by a government or private company
|Applicants who have been provided with a fee waiver form by a University staff member at an exhibition or interview program or a Trinity Foundation Studies information session.|
|Applicants who have sat the GMAT or GRE tests who are applying for a course in Melbourne Business School|
What will happen next?
- A University staff member will review your application and if you are eligible, will waive the application fee.
- You will receive an email from the University advising you of the outcome of your waiver application and how to proceed with submitting your application.