Application closing dates
Timely application closing dates for mid-year 2021 intake
31 May 2021 - applies to courses in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts (Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences) (Commonwealth supported places only*)
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
12 June 2021 - applies to courses in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts (Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences) (international applicants)
- Faculty of Fine Arts and Music
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
- Melbourne Business School
- Melbourne Graduate School of Education
- Melbourne Law School
- Melbourne School of Design
These dates reflect most courses within the faculty and some may have earlier application deadlines or may accept later applications. Please confirm the application closing date on the ‘How to apply’ tab on relevant course page on this site.
* Applicants seeking an Australian fee place in a Faculty of Arts course can apply up until 12 July 2021.
Applications submitted after these dates will be accepted for most courses, depending on the availability of places.
Commonwealth supported places (where available) may not be available if you submit a late application.
Please confirm application closing dates with admissions staff in the relevant graduate school.
Indicative turnaround times
View the indicative turnaround times for course applications.
Closing dates for scholarships vary depending on the course and scholarship. You should confirm the course application closing date with the relevant faculty.
For detailed scholarship closing date information, see Melbourne scholarships