Entry pathways to Melbourne

Take your next step towards undergraduate study

There's more than one way to get into your preferred undergraduate degree at Melbourne. If you don't meet the direct entry requirements,
there are a range of undergraduate entry pathways to help you achieve your dream of studying with us.

University preparation for domestic students

Whether you’re finishing high school and want to explore your options, or you’re already in the workforce and looking to advance your career, the Diploma in General Studies provides a great foundation for tertiary study. If eligible, you'll then get guaranteed entry into select Melbourne undergraduate degrees.

Supported programs for Indigenous students

We offer two exclusive pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students: Bachelor of Science (Extended) and the Diploma in General Studies (Extended). These programs are enriched with wrap-around support and resources to help you flourish in your degree and beyond.

Pathway program for international students

Trinity College's Foundation Studies is the University's preferred pathway program offering guaranteed entry into undergraduate courses. Learn from leading industry professionals and take advantage of support services and social activities to help comfortably transition from high school to university.

Didn't get the ATAR you were hoping for?

We know that sometimes things don't go to plan. Access Melbourne is our Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) that considers a range of personal circumstances that may have affected your ATAR, giving us the whole picture when you apply through VTAC. As well as scholarships on offer, you may qualify for guaranteed entry into your preferred degree.

Check eligibility

Need to meet a subject prerequisite?

If you need to meet specific subject prerequisites for entry into one of our degrees, you can undertake a University of Melbourne subject in assessed mode, available through the Community Access Program (CAP). There are a wide range of subjects available via CAP, offered at different times throughout the year.

Find out more

Need to satisfy an English language requirement?

When you apply for an undergraduate degree, you'll need to meet the University's English language requirement to be eligible for an offer to study with us. Minimum accepted requirements differ by course, and there are a number of English language tests and programs you can do to satisfy them.

Explore programs

One of my favourite things about the Science Extended course was the fact that it was a small cohort. You get to make close friendships with everyone in the class and you also get more individual attention from the teachers, which helped me to do well in the first year. It makes the teaching feel a lot more personalised.

Hamish Rose
Bachelor of Science (Extended)
focus-top-left focus-bottom-right

Get in touch

If you're interested in one of our entry pathway opportunities or any of our undergraduate degrees, or if you need
support with the application or offer process, you can talk to us by phone or email.

Contact us