Doctor of Medicine
- CRICOS Code: 071304G
How to apply
Domestic applicants (excluding Chancellor’s Scholars) are required to apply through the Graduate Entry Medical School Admission System (GEMSAS).
The GEMSAS Admissions Guide is available to download from the GEMSAS website.
- Fulfil the selection criteria for the MD course, including completing the prerequisite undergraduate subjects.
- Sit the GAMSAT.
- Apply for entry into the MD course: Please submit your applications via Graduate Entry Medical Schools Application System (GEMSAS) and ensure that you have carefully read the GEMSAS Medicine/Dentistry Admissions Guide prior to submission.
- Perform a Multiple Mini Interview: Domestic applicants residing in Australia, must be available to attend an interview in Melbourne in late September.*
- Offers are made (conditional and non-conditional): Final results to be submitted. Offer conditions to be met.
- Note: Domestic applicants are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or New Zealand citizens. New Zealand permanent residents are not domestic applicants and must apply as an International applicant.
Application dates can be found here.
Guaranteed entry applications
Applications are submitted online, direct to the Faculty of MDHS for this scheme (including Chancellor's Scholar applications).
To check your eligibility for the Guaranteed Entry Scheme, please go to the Explore graduate study options page.
The guaranteed entry application form is currently closed. Check back later for updates.
Graduate Access Melbourne
If your personal circumstances have had a sustained adverse effect on your academic achievement at undergraduate level or you are member of a specified group known to be under-represented in higher education, you may be eligible for Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM). For more information please visit the Graduate Access Melbourne webpage.
Completed GAM forms are to be submitted directly to the University of Melbourne, by the closing date for MD applications (refer to Selection Dates).
The form stack link for Graduate Access Melbourne application is currently closed. Check back later for updates.
Transferring into the Melbourne MD
It is not possible to transfer into the University of Melbourne's Doctor of Medicine program, from any course. Nor is it possible to gain credit (advanced standing) for studies undertaken previously. All applicants must apply through the standard application process, as outlined below.