Doctoral Program in Actuarial Studies
- CRICOS Code: 056955G
How to apply
Domestic applicants are Australian citizens and permanent residents, New Zealand citizens, and holders of a permanent humanitarian visa and can apply online.
- Check the minimum entry requirements for the course to which you want to apply.
- To apply online you will need:
- To complete the online application form using course code: DR-PHILBE
- Your GMAT/GRE score if required by the program and you do not qualify for an exemption
- Supply original or certified copies of all qualifications:
- This must include academic transcripts showing all subjects attempted and proof of completion of the degree
- Evidence of English Language requirements
- If documents are not in English, a certified translation is required
- You can attach your supporting documents to your online application
- You will need to have access to scanned copies of your documents to upload them to your application (Please note: Scanned versions of certified documents do not meet our verification requirements, but we can commence assessing your application)
- We require that hard copies of certified documents are mailed to us before an unconditional offer can be made
- Academic references:
- Academic references must be provided in accordance with the instructions in the online application form. Please refer to the Applications section on the Graduate Research application pages for information highlighting the new process for providing references.
- Employer references:
- Applicants who have relevant research/professional experience gained through employment must provide an employer reference for each role listed in your application and CV. Please refer to the Applications section on the Graduate Research application pages for information highlighting the new process for providing references.
Note: Only Actuarial Studies applicants are required to identify a potential supervisor prior to the submission of an application.
Things to consider before applying
Your Previous Qualifications
You must have completed a degree in an area that is relevant to your intended research topic.
You must demonstrate that you have a specialist understanding of the academic body of knowledge in this area.
Strong Evidence of Research Ability
You will usually have completed a research project at fourth year or at masters level, counting for at least 25% of that year's work.
Motivation and Commitment
You need to demonstrate that you understand the level of commitment it takes to complete a graduate research degree.
For example, a full-time candidate would be expected to devote at least 40 hours a week and a part-time candidate about 20 hours.