Graduate Certificate in Arts (Advanced)
- CRICOS Code: 031945E
Domestic student application deadlines
Semester Two (July) entry
- Australian Fee-paying place applications - 12 July
Semester one (MARCH) entry
- Australian Fee-paying place applications - 19 February
- Please note: late applications may be considered although there is no guarantee of outcome
Some courses may have earlier closing dates. For more detailed information please visit the Faculty of Arts Graduate Coursework web page
Please note: Graduate Access Melbourne is not available for Graduate Diploma (Advanced), Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, or Graduate Certificate (Advanced) courses in the Faculty of Arts.
Are you applying for more than one GSHSS course?
If you would like to apply for more than one degree within the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, please be sure to register your preferences online.
Keep in mind when applying for multiple programs that:
- Second-preference programs are normally assessed only if your first preference application is unsuccessful. If you would like more than one preference to be assessed, you’ll need to apply and send a special request to email@example.com
- If application for your first preference is unsuccessful, the Selection Committee will normally make an alternative offer as a pathway into your first preference (based on your individual case). This means you don’t have to apply for lower level programs as back-up options
- If Commonwealth Supported Places (CSPs) are available for the degree you apply for, you’ll automatically be considered for an Australian Fee Place if your CSP application is unsuccessful. So, you don’t need to lodge separate applications for both fee types
Frequently asked questions
Supporting documents for your application
Applicants must provide scanned copies of all original academic transcripts for studies not completed at the University of Melbourne. (If you are currently studying at the University of Melbourne, or have studied here in the past, we can access your University of Melbourne academic records). You will need to be able to produce original documents if requested, however for the purpose of applying you can scan a copy and upload this during the online application process.
Documents must include an official key that explains the grades for each institution. When submitting, please:
- Ensure all documents clearly identify your name, application ID Number, and degree applied for
- Include your current CV and contact details of at least two professional referees if you have relevant work experience or your previous studies were completed more than 10 years ago
- Provide an official certified English translation of any document that is not written in English
In addition to degree entry requirements, all applicants must also establish they meet the Graduate English language requirements of the University of Melbourne
Other important things to keep in mind:
- If you are studying outside the University of Melbourne in the current semester, you are required to provide an official record / transcript of your current degree results to date, as an uploaded electronic file during your online application
- If you hold an Honours degree relevant to your Masters application that is not listed on your transcript, please provide a synopsis for review
- A current CV must be provided if your qualifications are more than 10 years old
- You may also wish to submit a personal statement highlighting key aspects of their application and interest in the degree
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- Check the graduate coursework website for information about application deadlines, supporting documents, English requirements, tuition fees etc.
- Gather all supporting documents to upload during the online application process