Graduate Certificate in Visual Art
2021 Start Year Intake
Applications open 3 August 2020
Applications close 31 October 2020
How do I apply?
There are two components to each application. Applicants must submit both components 1 and 2 by the application closing date.
Submit a direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a CV and folio via the supplementary application form
CV and Folio
Applicants are required to supply a curriculum vitae and a folio of previous artworks to support your application to this course.
- Applicants who have not completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline may still apply by fulfilling the entry requirement of “five years equivalent, documented, professional experience”. If this applies to you, please supply evidence of this by submitting both a CV and a folio documenting your previous artworks with the supplementary application form.
- The folio is to be submitted as a single pdf document, with up to 20 images of your artwork. Further details are outlined on the supplementary application form.
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion.
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your University of Melbourne username ID number.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable application fee payable via the supplementary application.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding
- Submit a direct application via the University's portal (use code 842AA)
- Complete your supplementary application