Graduate Certificate in Visual Art
Apply for the 2023 semester 1 intake:
Applications open 1 August 2022
Applications close 31 January 2023
How do I apply?
There are two components to each application. Applicants must submit both components 1 and 2 by the application closing date.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
Submit a direct application via the University's application portal
Upload your portfolio via the supplementary application form by the application closing date.
Applicants should prepare and submit:
- a CV; and
- a selection of own artwork and relevant related creative practice (up to 20 captioned images*, uploaded as a single PDF) and
- a 250-word artist statement including:
- intentions and goals in undertaking the course
- past academic achievements and/or professional experience
- knowledge of and engagement with contemporary art
*please caption each image with the following information:
Title; Year of Creation; Materials; Dimensions
If necessary, add any contextual notes relevant to the artwork.
How will I be assessed?
Your portfolio will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- quality of produced items
- technical and practical competence
- imaginative and creative capacity
- relevant previous experience and demonstrated potential for development
- past academic achievements and/or experience
Please note that all applicants will be ranked based on the above criteria, up to the capacity of places within the course.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) is the University’s equity program for domestic graduate students. Under GAM, specific circumstances of applicants will be considered in relation to admission and bursaries.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding
- Submit a direct application via the University's portal (use code 842AA)
- Complete your supplementary application