Graduate Certificate in Visual Art
How to apply
Applications open: 30 June 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Applications close: 31 October 2019 11:59pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Course Code: 842AA
You’ve chosen your degree and worked out when you want to start studying. Now all you need to do is apply.
How do I apply?
There are two components to each application. Applicants must submit both components 1 and 2 by the application closing date.
In addition to your online application, you are required to:
A direct application via the University's application portal.
Supplementary Application Form and Folio
Applicants are required to upload a CV and folio to a Supplementary Application Form via SlideRoomand pay an additional non-refundable fee.
Folio and CV
Applicants are required to supply a curriculum vitae and a folio of previous artworks to support your application to this course.
- Applicants who have not completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline may still apply by fulfilling the entry requirement of “five years equivalent, documented, professional experience”. If this applies to you, please supply evidence of this by submitting both a CV and a folio documenting your previous artworks with the Supplementary Application Form.
- The folio is to be submitted as a single pdf document, with up to 20 images of your artwork. Further details are outlined on the Supplementary Application Form.
If you have completed studies outside of the University of Melbourne, your application must include an officially certified copy of your academic transcripts.
- If you have successfully finished a course, please provide evidence of completion
- If you are currently studying outside the University of Melbourne, please provide an official record/transcript of your current results to date. When your final results are available, please upload a certified hardcopy to your application, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your University of Melbourne username ID number.
It’s important to get your application right. Use our simple checklist and you’ll be on your way in no time:
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements.
- Complete a direct application via the University's portal (use code GD-MUS)
- Complete your Supplementary Application Form on SlideRoom and ask two referees to complete a referee report by the application closing date