Master of Biomedical Science
- CRICOS Code: 079405D
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
The Master of Biomedical Science at the University of Melbourne is a coursework master’s degree incorporating a substantial research project.
This program is an alternative to the Honours to PhD pathway. Students undertake a major research project and discipline-specific coursework subjects. In addition, a suite of professional business and communication subjects are offered to complement and enhance the research undertaken and to progress students’ career opportunities.
The Master of Biomedical Science offers graduates a pathway into a research, other science-based careers or PhD studies.
The objectives of this course are to provide students with skills in:
- Conducting research in biomedical and health science
- Designing experiments
- Managing a research projects
- Preparing and giving an oral and written presentation of the results
- Expressing intellectual, scientific arguments; and
- Assimilating and critically evaluating existing knowledge within a scientific paradigm
The Master of Biomedical Science offers graduates a pathway into a research or other science-based career, or PhD studies.
Note: This is a course has replaced the Master of Science (Biomedical and Health Sciences) degree. All applications should be submitted under the new MC-BMEDSC course code.