Master of Applied Psychology
- CRICOS Code: 096378E
- 18 months full time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
The Master of Applied Psychology (MAP) is designed for psychology graduates who want to develop practical skills in the applications of psychology and to employ them in the world of business; government; the non-profit sector; marketing, consumer and social research; and health. The MAP is a 1.5 year (full-time) program that includes subjects from the School of Psychological Sciences along with the Faculty of Business and Economics and the Graduate School of Education. Subjects will cover social psychology, influence and persuasion, the psychology of advertising and communications, judgement and decision-making, attitude and behaviour change, consumer psychology, positive psychology, research methods and data analysis.
The Master of Applied Psychology does not carry professional accreditation and is not a pathway to professional registration as a psychologist.
Graduates will have an advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge in the application of psychological principles and theories to real world environments. Graduates will:
- Demonstrate advanced and integrated understanding of a complex body of knowledge in the application of psychological principles and theories to real world environments
- Understand how theories and research of psychology can be applied to these real-world settings
- Understand the implications of psychological research and theories in the commercial and social/government sectors
- Be able to critically analyse research to determine its generalisability