Master of Applied Psychology
- CRICOS Code: 096378E
How to apply
Semester one start year intake 2020
Welcome and Orientation: 10am Thursday 27 February
Classes start: PSYC40005 Advanced Design and Data Analysis full day intensive on Friday 28 February
Semester one start year intake 2020 Round 1
To ensure consideration for a Round 1 offer, applications need to be submitted by Friday 25 October 2019.
Most Round 1 offers will be made by the end of December 2019.
Semester one start year intake 2020 Round 2
To ensure consideration for a Round 2 offer, applications need to be submitted by Friday 10 January 2020
Semester two mid year intake 2020
To ensure consideration for this intake, applications need to be submitted by Friday 24 April.
Classes start in the week beginning Monday 27 July 2020.
How do I Apply?
In the online application, enter your selected course as indicated below:
- Course Code: MC-AP
- Course Name: Master of Applied Psychology
- Study Period: 2020 Start Year Intake
Before you begin your application, make sure you have the following ready:
- The year you graduated from your highest level of education
- The year you started and finished your most recent qualification
- For Melbourne alumni, your former student ID
- A copy of your transcript. You can upload a copy or share it via My eQuals or CHESICC.
To search for your course:
|Course title||Course category||Availability year (year you want to start)|
Master of Applied Psychology
Good to know:
- Only select one version of the course. For example: 2020 - full time - summer intake - Graduate Australian Fee Place
- Once you’ve entered and reviewed your details you’ll be sent an automated email to confirm you’ve successfully registered – this is when you’ll begin your official application.
- Select ‘Yes’ if you would like to apply for advanced standing (credit or recognition of prior learning). Find out more about advanced standing.
- Make sure you save your application throughout
|Studied at another university||
A copy of your transcript. You can upload a copy or submit it via My eQuals or CHESICC. If uploading a copy of your transcript you need to know:|
|Born outside Australia||What year you entered Australia.|
|Permanent resident (but not an Australian citizen)|
|Holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or intend to apply for a permanent humanitarian visa|
|You live with a parent or guardian||Their highest level of educational attainment|
|Rural or regional background: you have lived in a rural area for 5 years (consecutive) or 10 years (cumulatively).||
Whether you live or lived in a rural or isolated area as defined by the Australian Standard Geographic Classification of: RA2, RA3, RA4 or RA5. If you are based in Victoria this essentially means anywhere outside of Melbourne or Geelong.|
You can check the classification of your address on the Department of Health and Ageing website.
Graduate Access Melbourne
Excellence and equity are inseparable at Melbourne and bringing the best students to the University means minimising financial barriers and broadening access.
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) provides access to applicants whose personal circumstances have had a sustained adverse effect on their academic achievement at undergraduate level or who are members of a specified group known to be under-represented in higher education. You may be eligible for GAM if you fit at least one of these equity categories.
- Applicants from a rural or isolated area
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Previous status as a refugee or current holder of a Humanitarian Visa
- Disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Personal difficulties
Find out more about Graduate Access Melbourne
Webinar: Master of Applied Psychology
Hear from Nick Haslam, Professor of Psychology at the University of Melbourne and gain an insight into what the course and profession entails.