Master of Finance
- CRICOS Code: 0100876
- 18 months full time / 3 years part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - March and Mid Year Intake - July
Melbourne Business School’s new Master of Finance has been designed to equip you with specialist technical knowledge preparing you for a career in the ever-evolving finance sector.
Why study a Master of Finance with the Melbourne Business School?
- Join a new boutique program for a small, high calibre cohort: limited number of students admitted each semester
- Integrated with industry: participate in-class simulations or in a Practicum subject, completing a real consulting project in industry, learn from regular industry-guest lectures
- Delivering what industry needs: this is an academically rigorous and highly technical program while also emphasising key skills like ethics and communication
- Skill-up for the new frontiers of finance: students can take electives in new subjects like Fintech and Data Analysis
- Learn from the best: the University of Melbourne is ranked 16th globally for Finance (QS Rankings by subject, 2019)
The Master of Finance is a specialist finance degree that provides you with comprehensive training and knowledge that goes beyond a finance major in an undergraduate degree.
Melbourne Business School also offers a 2-year Master of Finance (Enhanced) if you’re interested in taking advantage of our many elective and exchange options as part of your degree.
If you have not previously studied finance, you could consider our Master of Management (Finance).
The new Master of Finance degree aims to provide graduates with:
- A practical career-oriented program
- Detailed knowledge of the operations and activities of financial markets
- An understanding of financial management principles and their application to financial policy
- A comprehensive understanding of Australian and international financial markets
- A comprehensive knowledge of various asset classes and the operation of the markets in these asset classes
- An applied knowledge of specialised aspects of the finance industry
This program covers at least 70% of all 3 levels of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge topics, the CFA Institute ethical and professional standards and other CFA Program Partner requirements. Recognition as a CFA Affiliated University signals to students, employers and the marketplace that the university curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA exams.
The University of Melbourne is a participant in the University Affiliation Program of the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals that awards the prestigious CFA designation. The Master of Finance covers at least 70% of all three levels of the CFA program candidate body of knowledge (CBOK) topics, the CFA Institute ethical and professional standards, and other CFA program partner requirements. Recognition as a CFA Affiliated University signals to students, employers and the marketplace that the university curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA exams.
As part of the affiliation, students in the Master of Finance are eligible for scholarships, access to CFA Institute curriculums, journals, webcasts, and other educational resources.
CPA program graduates who enrol in the Master of Finance can receive credit for one of the following subjects:
- Accounting For Decision Making
- Financial Statement Analysis