Master of Finance
- CRICOS Code: 065397C
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic students
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
What is it about?
Melbourne Business School's Master of Finance offers comprehensive preparation for a career in the finance industry for those who have a background in the discipline.
The program provides an understanding of:
- Financial management principles and their application to corporate financial policy
- Australian and international financial markets
- Derivative assets and the operation of the markets in these assets
- Appropriate skills for analysing and interpreting developments in financial practice
Who is it for?
- If you want to work in the finance industry
- Have completed an undergraduate major in finance or some finance study at the undergraduate level in the areas of: capital budgeting, dividend policy, corporate risk management, pricing of risk assets and the Capital Asset Pricing Model
- If you have not studied Finance previously, we recommend our Master of Management (Finance) program
This program covers 70% of all 3 levels of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge topics, the CFA Institute ethical and professional standards and other CFA Program Partner requirements.
The University of Melbourne is a participant in the University Affiliation Program of the CFA Institute, the global association for investment professionals that awards the prestigious CFA designation. The Master of Finance covers at least 70% of all three levels of the CFA program candidate body of knowledge (CBOK) topics, the CFA Institute ethical and professional standards, and other CFA program partner requirements. Recognition as a CFA Affiliated University signals to students, employers and the marketplace that the university curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA exams.
As part of the affiliation, students in the Master of Finance are eligible for scholarships, access to CFA Institute curriculums, journals, webcasts, and other educational resources.
CPA program graduates who enrol in the Master of Finance can receive credit for one of the following subjects:
- Accounting For Decision Making
- Financial Statement Analysis