Master of Finance
- CRICOS code: 0100876
Why study a Master of Finance with the Melbourne Business School?
- Join a new boutique program for a small, high calibre cohort: limited number of students admitted each semester
- Integrated with industry: this is an academically rigorous and highly technical course while also emphasising key practical skills through our in-class simulations or in a Practicum subject, completing a real consulting project in industry and learning from regular industry-guest lectures
- Skill-up for the new frontiers of finance: students can take electives in new subjects like Fintech and Data Analysis
What is it about?
Melbourne Business School’s new Master of Finance has been designed to equip you with specialist technical knowledge that goes well beyond an undergraduate degree, preparing you for a career in the ever-evolving finance sector. The degree is recognised by the CFA Institute.
The new Master of Finance degree aims to provide graduates with:
- Detailed knowledge of the operations and activities of financial markets
- An understanding of financial management principles and their application to financial policy
- A comprehensive understanding of Australian and international financial markets
- A comprehensive knowledge of various asset classes and the operation of the markets in these asset classes
- An applied knowledge of specialised aspects of the finance industry
Melbourne Business School also offers a 2-year Master of Finance (Enhanced) if you’re interested in taking advantage of our many elective and exchange options as part of your degree.
If you have not previously studied finance, you could consider our Master of Management (Finance).