Master of Law and Development
- CRICOS code: 051271K
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Australian or New Zealand citizens
- Australian permanent residents
- Australian permanent humanitarian visa holders
(View eligibility requirements and application dates for International citizens)
The majority of students will start in either the Semester 1 (start year) or Semester 2 (mid year) intake:
|Begin study in||Applications close|
|Semester 1 (March)||21 January|
|Semester 2 (July)||17 June|
For students wishing to begin study outside of the normal intake periods (for example, a winter intensive subject) - find your first subject's starting date in the Handbook, then find the name of the intake period you should apply for below.
You are advised to apply at least a month prior to the start of the subject and will need to ensure your desired subject hasn't yet reached its quota limit.
|First subject commences in||Intake name|
|August to November||Spring|
|December to early February||Summer|
|March to May||Autumn|
|June to early July||Winter|
Once we receive the completed application, we aim to have a response to you within four to six weeks.
Orientation dates for 2022 to be confirmed.
Before you apply
- Check the course details.
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you are eligible for the course and you meet the English language requirements.
- Obtain an original or certified copy of your complete academic record including a university explanation or definition of the grading scale. If the documents are not in English they must be accompanied by an official certified English translation.
- Prepare a current curriculum vitae (CV). If you do not have a law degree (LLB, JD or equivalent) at honours standard or equivalent, your CV needs to show that you have sufficient work experience related to the area of study you are applying for.
- The course code is 635AA. You will need to search and select it when you apply.
- Find out if you are eligible for Advanced Standing (credit). You will also need to apply. We will only assess your Advanced Standing application if you are offered a place