Master of Philosophy - MDHS (Population and Global Health)
- CRICOS Code: 065918E
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students
The Master of Philosophy - (Population and Global Health) (MPhil) is an internationally recognised masters by research degree. It is designed for students to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research. Students will produce a thesis which will demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing scholarship in the area of research. Study is conducted at the Nossal Institute for Global Health (University of Melbourne).
Research projects are available in the areas of:
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Health equity
- Health policy
- Mental health
- Global burden of disease
- Vaccine and immunisation research
- Students may commence the Higher Degree by Research at any time during the year between 1st March and 31 October. Commencement between 1st and 28th February or between 1st and 30th November may be approved subject to approval of the proposed principal supervisor. Commencement in January or December is not permitted.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with their nominated supervisor and the Learning and Teaching Unit. (Scholarships have separate rules and students should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary their scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.
A range of University policies and procedures apply to Higher Degrees by Research and students should familiarise themselves with these policies via the University of Melbourne Policy Library.
An internationally recognised masters by research degree designed for students to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research on a particular topic under academic supervision.