Master of Theatre (Directing)
- CRICOS code: 085432F
2023 Start Year Intake
Applications open 1 August 2022
Applications close 31 October 2022
How do I apply?
There are three components to the application process. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
Submit a direct application via the University's application portal
SUPPLEMENTARY APPLICATION & VIDEO PERFORMANCE
Applicants will be required to upload a video performance of a devised piece of work to the supplementary application form by the application closing date.
Applicants will need to upload a short piece of theatre or performance that you have directed or devised, of approximately 10-20 minutes in duration. If the full performance is longer than 10-20 minutes, please indicate which section you would prefer the panel to view.
Applicants will also need to upload a CV, provide an artistic statement (1000 words maximum) and provide 3 referees.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview as the final component of the application process. For more information, please visit Auditions and Interviews.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University's English Language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding
- Submit a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-THTRDIR
- Complete a supplementary application