Master of Theatre (Directing)
- CRICOS Code: 085432F
2021 Start Year Intake
Applications open August 2020
How do I apply?
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via the University's application portal.
Upload a CV, provide an artistic statement (1000 words maximum), provide 3 referees and upload a scene selection for your interview via the supplementary application form.
Interview and Scene Workshop
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview and a scene workshop as the final component of their application. For more information, please visit Auditions and interviews .
Can't attend the interview?
Applicants are strongly recommended to attend their interview in person as we learn most about you by seeing your practice. Applicants who are unable to attend a live interview in Melbourne will be required to upload a video performance of a devised piece of work. If shortlisted, you will be invited to attend a 30-minute online or phone interview to discuss the work presented in the video.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable processing fee via the supplementary application form.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University's English Language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-THTRDIR
- Complete a supplementary application form