Bachelor of Fine Arts (Production)
- CRICOS code: 093586K
- VTAC code: 3800638961
- International VTAC code: 3800638963
- 3 years full time
- Honours available
- On Campus (Southbank)
- Available to domestic and international students
- Start Year Intake - February
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (Production) trains world-class designers, technicians, makers and managers.
By studying Production at the Victorian College of the Arts, you’ll gain the professional training and industry connections you need to pursue a rich and varied career in the design, technical, and management areas of live performance.
Starting in the studio and progressing to the production environment, you will cultivate your conceptual and technical skills in your chosen specialisations as you advance through the course.
Work in production is inherently collaborative and throughout your course you'll contribute to the creation of large-scale performances with Music Theatre, Theatre, Acting and Dance students from across the VCA. When you graduate you will have a portfolio of experience to enable you to embark on a career in the Performing Arts.
While studying Production you will be taught by academic staff and mentors experienced in their specialist areas and currently working in the industry at a high-level.
Areas of specialist study include stage management and the design and realisation of sets, costumes, lighting and sound.
Breadth subjects at each year level enable you to choose from our VCA elective subjects, or explore cross disciplinary studies from the wider University community, accessing multi-disciplinary knowledge and skills that will build on existing knowledge or present opportunities for you to investigate and develop new interests.
- Develop extensive skills across chosen areas of specialisation including Design, Stage Management, Set & Props, Costume, Lighting, Digital Media & Projection, and Sound
- Gain experience in the design and realisation of live performance across a broad range of performance contexts for stage
- Consolidate a working methodology as an autonomous, collaborative creator in the arts sector
- Collaborate with VCA Music Theatre, Theatre, Dance and Acting students throughout the course.
Upon completion of the course, you may choose to apply for a fourth-year Honours degree. An honours year provides an intensive mode of study allowing you to master your specialisation and create a pathway into advanced graduate study options in production.