Diploma in General Studies
- VTAC Code: 3800346001
- International VTAC Code: NA
- 1 year full time / 2 years part time
- Dookie (regional Victoria), at one of Australia's leading agricultural facitilites
- Available to domestic students.
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
General Studies at Melbourne
The Diploma in General Studies is a pathway into University of Melbourne degrees in Agriculture, Biomedicine, Commerce, Design and Science.
who's it for?
Whether you've finished high school and you're not sure what you want to do in the future, or if you're already in the workforce and want to advance your career with additional qualifications, the Diploma in General Studies (DiGS) is a great option for you.
This foundational course helps you develop the academic skills required for success at University or the workforce - whether you're a recent school leaver, or mature age student.
entry to a bachelor degree
On completion of the one-year course, you could receive guaranteed entry* into one of five of the following University of Melbourne bachelor degrees in Agriculture, Science, Design, Commerce or Biomedicine.
*Guaranteed entry applies only to those eligible for Access Melbourne and upon meeting the required guaranteed scores on completion of the DiGS.
Taste-test your future
Not sure what area of study suits you? Or have you missed some prerequisites to get into the degree you wanted? Study a diverse array of subjects, and see what works for you:
- Academic Writing and Communication
- Animal Systems
- Climate Change and Impacts
- Foundation studies in Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introductory Economics
- Land Resources and Management
- Organisation and Management
- Plant Systems
- Systems Biology.
EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF
Immerse yourself in a unique student lifestyle with a close-knit and supportive community of staff and students. You’ll have the convenience of optional on-campus accommodation, recreational and study facilities the picturesque natural setting of the Goulburn Valley.