We offer single subject study for every interest. Take a look at the University of Melbourne Handbook and check if the subject is available through the Community Access Program.
Subjects with quotas
Quotas may apply for high-demand subjects and this will be noted in the handbook as ‘Quotas apply’. Some will have early closing dates or a different application process which will also be listed in the handbook.
Please note that not all quota subjects are available for single subject study.
Subjects not available through CAP
Not all subjects are available for single-subject study. Faculties/graduate schools reserve the right to limit the availability of some subjects to those students enrolled in award degrees only.
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Some subjects are quota limited and have very strict application deadlines, as outlined on the MDHS website.
Refer to the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences website for more information about the single subjects that are available to CAP students. Fourth year Psychology subjects are not available to CAP students, with the exception of applicants who have a written recommendation from the Australian Psychological Society indicating that they need to complete fourth year subjects for registration purposes. Contact the fourth year Psychology Coordinator for further information.
Faculty of Science
The following subjects are not available for single-subject study (except for Indigenous students whose eligibility to undertake the subjects has been approved):
- Foundation Mathematics 1 (MAST10014)
- Foundation Mathematics 2 (MAST10015)
- Science: A Study of Life and Environment (SCIE10001)
- Science: Systems, Technology and Design (SCIE10002)
- Science: Supporting Health and Wellbeing (SCIE10003)
Melbourne Business School
Subjects in the Master of Business Administration (MBA) are not available as single subject enrolments.
The following Specialist Certificate subjects are not available as single subject enrolments:
- Leading High Performance Teams
- Stakeholders and Internal Influence
- Motivating and Managing Performance
- Resilient Leadership
- Positive Leadership Development
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Strategic Awareness and Business Acumen
- Managing Innovation
- Strategic HR Leadership
- Influence and Negotiation Strategies
- Decision Making for Leaders
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Master of Teaching subjects are not available as single subjects through CAP.