Flexible and focused
The beauty of our curriculum lies in its essential flexibility. This means your Melbourne experience is yours to shape. Today's competitive job market and workplaces demand graduates who are skilled and resilient. In a world where careers and industries are evolving at lightning speed, your independent and innovative thinking will set you apart from the rest.
How does it work?
- You start with an undergraduate (bachelors) degree or an undergraduate + graduate degree package.
- Over three years you’ll develop a deep understanding of a particular study area – your major.
- You’ll also study subjects from outside your main study area – we call this breadth.
- After your undergraduate degree, you can enter the workforce or progress to a specialised graduate masters degree. You’ll earn a competitive internationally recognised qualification and the skills and knowledge required for expert professional practice.
- If your passion is research, you might go on to further study with our highly regarded PhD program.
The Melbourne Advantage
Learn the best way
Our distinctive Melbourne experience helps graduates become well-rounded, thoughtful and skilled professionals – making a positive impact across the globe.
We want you to create your own study path, with the power to choose your own direction and explore new options along the way. This is important in a world where careers are changing fast and employers value independent thinking.
Few people graduating today will stay in the same industry forever. With our degrees, you can build the right skills to adapt and to change successfully.
Learn from the best
Your teachers are internationally renowned researchers and industry leaders – including Nobel Laureates and distinguished fellows of international societies.
Melbourne draws high-achievers from more countries than any other Australian university. Our students and alumni are entrepreneurial, engaged and always on the lookout for new experiences. Whatever your passion, you'll find others here who share it.
Students and industry
In our undergraduate and graduate degree, hands-on industry and work experiences are available through internships, volunteering, engaging with the community, or industry projects.