Graduate Certificate in Environmental Design
- CRICOS Code: 098249J
How to apply
Please ensure that you meet all the admissions requirements for the program you are applying for and follow the checklist below to apply.
1. Completion of an undergraduate degree
Applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline (e.g. Architecture, Engineering (Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Environmental), Design, Science (Physics), Environment), with a weighted average mark of at least 65% equivalent to the University of Melbourne grading scheme;
- an undergraduate degree in any discipline with a weighted average mark of at least 65% equivalent to the University of Melbourne grading scheme; and two years of documented professional work experience since graduation related* to the degree.
*Related experience: building designer, environmental planner, construction project manager, environmental/sustainability project officer, building sustainability/energy efficiency assessor or built environment consultant with an environmental/sustainability focus.
2. Submission of academic results
- Provide an original or copy of your academic transcript together with a grading scale used by the University (or Faculty/Department) where you completed your undergraduate degree.
- Please ensure any transcripts for studies completed as part of a study abroad/exchange program are included as well as transcripts for subjects transferred/credited towards your degree.
3. English language
- Domestic applicants who have not completed previous studies in Australia may need to satisfy the University's English Language requirements.
4. Personal statement
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide a personal statement of up to 500 words. Read our online guide for further information.
5. Application dates
- Final application deadline for Semester 1, 2020 is 30 November 2019.
- Final application deadline for Semester 2, 2020 is 31 May 2020.
- Semester start dates are available in the Academic Calendar.
- If you are a domestic student, you should hear within 4 weeks of submission of your complete application (including all supporting documentation).
Before you apply
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- Submission of academic results
- Satisfy the University's English language requirements
- Submit a personal statement