Graduate Certificate in Food Science
- CRICOS Code: 042903B
Fees & scholarships
Your fees explained
Australian Fee Places
When you apply, you will automatically be considered for an Australian fee place if you meet course entry requirements.
You’ll pay tuition fees for each year that you are enrolled. Tuition fees are calculated according to your course and study load each semester. You may defer payment of your fees via the Australian Government’s FEE-HELP loan scheme if you are eligible.
If your course is relevant to your current employment, you may be able to claim fees as a work-related tax deduction.
Tuition fees may be adjusted each year.
FEE-HELP can cover all or part of your tuition fees. The Australian Government pays the amount of the loan direct to the University. You’ll make repayments through the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) whenever your income is above the threshold, or you can make voluntary repayments to the ATO at any time.
FEE-HELP is not means tested and there is no loan fee for graduate study. If you already have a HECS-HELP loan from your undergraduate studies, you can still access a FEE-HELP loan. No interest is charged on your FEE-HELP loan, however, it is indexed each year with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in line with the cost of living.
The Government’s Study Assist website provides more information about FEE-HELP.
Other Financial Assistance
The University's Student Financial Aid Service can provide you with advice and information on student loans and bursaries/grants, cost of living, budgeting and tax advice.
University of Melbourne Scholarships
The University offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and prizes to assist students with study and living expenses. You can search the full range of scholarships available at the University of Melbourne here. You can also see scholarships, bursaries and prizes available specifically for veterinary, agricultural and food science students on our Faculty scholarships web page.
Externally Funded Scholarships
For information about External Scholarships and Funding, take a look at:
- Australian Council of Agricultural Societies (ACAS) and Coca-Cola Scholarship
- Australian Agriculture Scholarship
- Australian Endeavour Awards
- Career Harvest Horizon Scholarships
- Department of Agriculture and Food Scholarships
- Australian Wool Innovation Limited
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program
- PICCC Research Scholarship (partially funded by the University of Melbourne)
- Frederick Richard O’Connell Scholarship
- Gardiner Foundation
- Grape and Wine Research and Development
- Nuffield Australia Farming Scholarships
- Poultry CRC Scholarships
- Royal Agricultural Society of NSW
- Rural Finance Scholarships
- The Rural Elmore Charity Ball Scholarship
- The National Meat Industry Scholarship