- CRICOS Code: 073303C
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Melbourne Law School will not be using the LSAT as part of the JD selection criteria for the 2022 intake. We will review whether to use the LSAT as part of the selection criteria for the 2023 intake later in 2021.
We encourage you to sign up to our Future Law newsletter to receive updates and reminders for this intake.
- Domestic applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident, or holder of a permanent humanitarian visa.
- Strict application deadlines apply and there is no mid-year intake.
February 2022 commencement:
- Application deadline: 8 October 2021
Domestic students can apply at any time during the year up until 8 October 2021.
In November, all domestic applications will be assessed and considered for the three fee categories – CSP, Australian fee place with JD bursary, and Australian fee place. Outcome notifications will be sent via email by 30 November 2021.
We will notify you of your outcome via the email address listed on your application. Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure any correspondence from us arrives in your inbox.
The Melbourne JD commences in early February with a compulsory orientation program and an intensive two-week summer subject prior to Semester 1.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements to make sure you're eligible. If you are in your final year of your undergraduate degree, please apply once you have completed at least 2.5 years’ worth of results (it can include exchange studies).
- Find out if you're eligible for Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM). Applicants should prepare their GAM applications as early as possible as GAM applications and all supporting documentation must be uploaded at the same time as your JD application. Explain how your circumstances have disadvantaged you in your tertiary studies and provide relevant or official documentation to support your claim, it will give more weight to your application.
- Gather all supporting documents, a scanned copy of your transcript(s), and any other documents (if applicable).
- The course code is MC-JURISD. You will need to search and select it when you apply.
- Find out if you are eligible for Advanced Standing (credit). You will also need to apply. We will only assess your Advanced Standing application if you are offered a place.