Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner)
- 1 year full time / 2 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February and Mid Year Intake - July
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) is an accredited course by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. It is offered over two years part time. Upon completion of the program, students will be eligible for entry on the Australian Health Practitioner Register as an endorsed Nurse Practitioner.
On completion of the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (NP) the student will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant research literature related to a chosen specialty field of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Ability to analyse key social and political influences on the delivery of specialist and Advanced Practice Nursing services
- Knowledge and skills required to explore and evaluate the status of (and potential for) Advanced Nursing Practice in national and international contexts
- Knowledge and skills to support extension to practice and the development of therapeutic and evidence-based nursing interventions in specialty and Advanced Nursing Practice
- The skills required to develop, implement and undertake new and innovative practices within established legislative and professional boundaries
- Knowledge and skills to support culturally competent practice, leadership and/or education relevant to specialty and Advanced Nursing Practice
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) is an Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Accredited coursework degree, which is offered over 2 years part time.