Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner)
Applications for 2023 February Intake are open.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
To prepare your application
Prepare the documentation to demonstrate that you meet the course entry requirements and that you have the necessary support to meet the employed clinical practice requirement; and the Integrated Professional Practice (IPP) hours requirement.
a Master of Nursing Science; or
Bachelor Degree of Nursing (or equivalent); and
A copy of your transcripts.
The transcripts must include:
Postgraduate qualification (minimum graduate certificate) in a clinical field, or equivalent;
A minimum of five (5) years as a registered nurse, with two (2) years full-time equivalent (FTE) in this clinical field and two years FTE of advanced nursing practice in the same clinical field within the last 6 years;
A certified copy of your curriculum vitae
Current unrestricted registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
A copy of your current nursing registration certificate
Current employment in an advanced clinical nursing practice role in the same clinical field as previous experience and education; and
Recorded on your CV
Applicants must meet the university's English language requirements.
Evidence that you meet the University's English language requirements (if English is not your first language).
Documentation of the student’s workplace’s willingness to support their clinical practice during the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) program. Clinical practice during the NP program is comprised of employment in a clinical position and completion of Integrated Professional Practice (IPP) experience.
Detailed on the CLINICAL AGENCY: EMPLOYMENT & IPP AGREEMENT FORM
Documentation of the student’s members of the Clinical Teaching and Supervision (CTS) Team’s willingness to provide clinical support, supervision and assessment to the student during the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner) program.
Detailed on the CLINICAL TEACHING and SUPERVISION TEAM MEMBER AGREEMENT FORM
Students are encouraged to complete a number of IPP hours outside of their normal place of employment. If IPP has been arranged in a clinical agency other than the student's place of employment documentation must be provided of the external agency’s willingness to provide IPP experience
Detailed on the CLINICAL AGENCY: INTEGRATED PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE AGREEMENT FORM
Good to know
- Only select one version of the course. For example, 2021 - full time - summer intake - Commonwealth Supported Place
- Once you’ve entered and reviewed your details you’ll be sent an automated email to confirm you’ve successfully registered – this is when you’ll begin your official application.
- Select ‘Yes’ if you would like to apply for advanced standing (credit or recognition of prior learning). Find out more about advanced standing.
- Make sure you save your application regularly while completing it online
Studied at another university
If uploading a copy of your transcript you need to know:
Born outside Australia
Permanent resident (but not an Australian citizen)
Holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or intend to apply for a permanent humanitarian visa
You live with a parent or guardian
Rural or regional background: you have lived in a rural area for 5 years (consecutive) or 10 years (cumulatively).
Graduate Access Melbourne
Excellence and equity are inseparable at Melbourne and bringing the best students to the University means minimising financial barriers and broadening access.
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) provides access to applicants whose personal circumstances have had a sustained adverse effect on their academic achievement at undergraduate level or who are members of a specified group known to be under-represented in higher education. You may be eligible for GAM if you fit at least one of these equity categories.
- Applicants from a rural or isolated area
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Previous status as a refugee or current holder of a Humanitarian Visa
- Disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Personal difficulties
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Original or certified copy of your Bachelor of Nursing transcript or equivalent training documents (including separate confirmation of qualification completion if your transcript does not state you have completed your course)
- Certified copy of your current Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia registration
- Comprehensive CV/resume
- Evidence that you meet the University's English language requirements (if English is not your first language)
- Credit Application Form and supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Completed and signed Employment form
- CTS Team member agreement form (note: CVs for each team member should accompany this application)