Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (MANP) at the University of Melbourne allows masters-prepared nurses to assume a major responsibility in developing new professional roles, devising new models of care and overseeing dynamic changes to nursing practice.
As a clinically proficient and professionally articulate MANP graduate, you will be prepared to make your mark on the profession and on health care with the skills required to develop, implement and undertake new and innovative practices within established legislative and professional boundaries of Advanced Nursing Practice.
On completion of the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice graduates will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant research literature related to a chosen specialty field of advanced nursing practice
- The ability to analyse key social and political influences on the delivery of specialist and advanced nursing practice
- The knowledge and skills required to explore and evaluate the status of (and potential for) advanced nursing practice in national and international contexts
- Knowledge and skills to support extension to practice and the development of therapeutic and evidence-based nursing interventions in advanced nursing practice
- Knowledge and skills to support culturally competent practice, leadership and/or education relevant to specialty and advanced nursing practice
The Master of Advanced Nursing Practice is a graduate coursework degree consisting of 100 points, normally taking twelve months of full-time study or part-time equivalent. The first year of study provides the opportunity for students to extend their existing nursing knowledge and develop skills in specialty practice.
The second year of study builds on specialisation by focusing on advanced practice skills and knowledge. Specifically, it will prepare students for clinical leadership roles in nursing and healthcare.
Career Conversations: Advanced Nursing
Date: Thursday 20 May
Time: 12:30PM - 1:30PM AEST
Join our panel as they discuss their insights on the nursing sector, industry trends and opportunities to help you make an informed decision about further study.
The University of Melbourne offers one of the broadest ranges of professional and specialty nursing courses in Australia. If you’re considering a graduate qualification, this webinar will help you discover which of our professional nursing degrees is for you at your stage of career development.
You can view our Open Day information session below: