Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
Applications are currently being accepted.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Before you begin your application, make sure you have the following ready:
- The year you graduated from your highest level of education
- The year you started and finished your most recent qualification
- For Melbourne alumni, your former student ID
- A copy of your transcript. You can upload a copy or share it via My eQuals or CHESICC.
To search for your course:
Availability year (year you want to start)
Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
Good to know:
- Only select one version of the course. For example: 2023 - full time - Start Year Intake - Graduate Australian Fee Place
- Once you’ve entered and reviewed your details you’ll be sent an automated email to confirm you’ve successfully registered – this is when you’ll begin your official application.
- Select ‘Yes’ if you would like to apply for advanced standing (credit or recognition of prior learning). Find out more about advanced standing.
- Make sure you save your application throughout
Studied at another university
If uploading a copy of your transcript you need to know:
Born outside Australia
Permanent resident (but not an Australian citizen)
Holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or intend to apply for a permanent humanitarian visa
You live with a parent or guardian
Rural or regional background: you have lived in a rural area for 5 years (consecutive) or 10 years (cumulatively).
You can check the classification of your address on the Department of Health and Ageing website.
Graduate Access Melbourne
Excellence and equity are inseparable at Melbourne and bringing the best students to the University means minimising financial barriers and broadening access.
Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) provides access to applicants whose personal circumstances have had a sustained adverse effect on their academic achievement at undergraduate level or who are members of a specified group known to be under-represented in higher education. You may be eligible for GAM if you fit at least one of these equity categories.
- Applicants from a rural or isolated area
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Previous status as a refugee or current holder of a Humanitarian Visa
- Disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Personal difficulties
Find out more about Graduate Access Melbourne here.
Applicants of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent are given priority access to the Master of Advanced Nursing Practice at the University of Melbourne under the Indigenous Pathway.
All eligible Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants must submit a Confirmation of Identity to email@example.com for verification. Indigenous applicants who meet the requirements may be invited for a second interview with a panel of key Indigenous staff members and course staff.
How to Apply for the Indigenous Pathway
Eligible Indigenous applicants who wish to apply to the University of Melbourne under the Indigenous Pathway will be required to submit an application directly here
Prospective Indigenous applicants are strongly encouraged to make contact with the faculty Indigenous Student Support Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org to receive advice about the direct application process. Applicants who don’t meet the pre-requisites are also encouraged to get in touch with the Indigenous Student Support Officer.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Original or certified copy of your Bachelor of Nursing transcript or equivalent training documents (including separate confirmation of qualification completion if your transcript does not state you have completed your course)
- Certified copy of your current Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia registration
- Comprehensive CV/resume
- Evidence that you meet the University's English language requirements (if English is not your first language)
- Credit Application Form and supporting documentation (if applicable)