Master of Applied Econometrics
- CRICOS Code: 092759B
Why study Applied Econometrics at Melbourne Business School?
- Master the technology you'll be using in the workplace: learn how to use the software and tools that professional econometricians employ on a daily basis.
- Predict future trends: develop the skills you'll need to grow into a dynamic, future facing career. You'll also be able to specialise in a field of your interest through your choice of electives.
- Learn from leading academics: our renowned academics maintain connections to industry and government.
- Leading reputation: Melbourne is ranked 23rd globally for Economics and Econometrics (QS Rankings by subject 2020).
- Become part of our global network: With over 60,000 business alumni in over 100 countries, you’re ensuring that you join a valuable network of peers from all business disciplines right from day one.
What is it about?
Melbourne Business School's Master of Applied Econometrics (the application of statistical methods to economic data) is a two-year program that focuses on the practical application of econometric modelling techniques. It combines coursework and research to equip you with the skills to make economic decisions in a data-driven manner.
Advances in information and communications technologies have revolutionised the way data is gathered, fuelling a surge in the demand for graduates with high-level training in data-analysis using econometric techniques.
Who is it for?
If you are interested in understanding the fiscal responses to macroeconomic conditions, the degree of collusion amongst petrol retailers in Australia, or the impact of trade liberalisation on wage inequality, then The Master of Applied Econometrics is the program for you.
It will give you the econometric expertise to answer real-world economic questions, while also providing the flexibility to specialise in areas relating to your career goals.