Master of Contemporary Art
- CRICOS Code: 075494G
How to apply
2019 start year intake (February)
Applications open: Now
Applications close: 11.59pm, 30 September 2018 (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
Course Code: MC-CTPYART
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via the University's application portal.
Applicants are required to upload a CV and a study proposal via SlideRoom.
Folio and Interview
After the application closing date, short-listed applicants are required to attend an interview and present their folio of work as the final component of the selection process, see below for more information.
The Faculty will review all applications submitted and invite short-listed applicants to an interview to discuss their application and folio. Interviews will be approximately 20-30 minutes in length with three panellists. Interviews will be held:
- Melbourne: Mon 29 October - Thu 1 November 2018
Applicants are required to bring a folio of work to the interview, if the work is unable to be transported, you may present images. Your folio should include:
- Recent work relevant to the study proposal
- Maximum 10 images (300 dpi, maximum 5MB file size each) OR maximum 8 minute video. (It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all files will be viewable and playable)
You may be asked about your:
- Motivation for undertaking the course
- Knowledge of and engagement with contemporary art
- Level of technical and conceptual ability in the production of artworks
- Past academic achievements and/or professional experience.
Please note if you have also applied for the Master of Fine Arts (Visual Art) you will be interviewed for both at the same interview. You must submit a separate application for both courses.
Can't attend the interview?
Applicants unable to attend an interview in person are required to submit a folio electronically via SlideRoom and will be contacted for a phone interview. Please indicate your availability in the SlideRoom component of your application.
Applicants will be charged an administration fee of:
- $10USD payable via SlideRoom
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible.
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- 1. Complete a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-CTPYART
- 2. Upload CV and project proposal to SlideRoom.
- 3. Prepare your folio and attend your interview