Master of Contemporary Art
- CRICOS Code: 075494G
How to apply
2020 START YEAR INTAKE (MAIN ASSESSMENT ROUND)
Applications open: 30 June 2019
Applications close: 11.59pm, 30 September 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
Course Code: MC-CTPYART
There are three components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via the University's application portal by selecting the Apply Now button above.
Applicants are required to upload a CV and a study proposal via the supplementary application form in SlideRoom by the close date above and pay an additional non-refundable administration fee. Information will be provided on the SlideRoom link. You need to do this before the course closing date.
Folio and Interview
After the application closing date, shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview and present their folio of work as the final component of the selection process. Interviews will be by invitation only.
For more information on the folio requirements and interview click this button Auditions and interviews
Can't attend the interview?
Applicants unable to attend an interview in person are required to submit a folio electronically via SlideRoom and will be contacted for a phone interview. Please indicate your availability in the SlideRoom component of your application.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page as well as instructions on how to apply.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find the entry requirements on the 'Entry Requirements' tab for the course you are interested in transferring to.
You’ve chosen your degree and worked out when you want to start studying. Now all you need to do is apply.
Before you apply
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible.
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-CTPYART
- Upload CV and project proposal to SlideRoom.
- Prepare your folio and attend your interview