Master of Music (Opera Performance)
- CRICOS Code: 076225K
2021 Start Year Intake
Applications open 3 August 2020
Applications close 31 October 2020
How do I apply?
There are three components to the application process.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
Submit a direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a performance CV, recorded audition and provide the details of two referees via the supplementary application form
AUDITION & INTERVIEW
Applicants will be required to upload a recorded audition to their supplementary application form. Applicants must prepare their audition as per the requirements for singers or repetiteurs, for more information, please see Auditions and Interviews. Shortlisted applicants will also be required to attend an online interview.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable processing fee payable via the supplementary application form.
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding
- Submit a direct application via the University's application portal using course code MC-MUSOP
- Complete a supplementary application