Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics)
- CRICOS Code: 094599G
Application closing dates
Timely applications: 30 November 2021
Timely applications: 31 May 2021
Note: Commonwealth Support Places (CSPs) will be allocated in timely application rounds, you will need to have submitted your full application prior to the timely application deadline to ensure you have the best chance to obtain a CSP.
Applications for the Statistics and Stochastic Processes stream are assessed and ranked throughout the year by the Academic Selection Committee.
- For the Start-Year intake, selection meetings usually occur in November and December. Outcomes will be issued to successful applicants by the end of December.
- For the Mid-Year intake, selection meetings usually occur in May and June. Outcomes will be issued to successful applicants by the end of June.
Please be aware of the timeframes listed above with regards to an expected outcome. Applicants with highly competitive scores may be offered a place prior to the standard selection ranking dates mentioned above.
For all other streams, you can expect a decision 6–8 weeks after you submit your application (including all relevant documents).
To apply you will need:
- Course code: MC-SCIMAT
- Evidence of meeting the University’s English Language Requirements
- Transcripts for all courses attempted or completed, including an explanation of the grading system used
- If you intend to apply for Graduate Access Melbourne, you will need supporting evidence.
Graduate Research Pathway
If you enter the Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics) with an entry score of at least 80 per cent, you’ll also receive a conditional offer for a Doctor of Philosophy (Science) (PhD) plus a guaranteed scholarship. There’s no need to apply separately for this pathway - we’ll provide further information in your MSc offer letter. More about the Graduate Research Pathway