Master of Science (Physics)
- CRICOS code: 094600J
Application closing dates
2023 Start Year Intake
Timely applications: 30 November 2022
2023 Mid Year Intake
Timely applications: 31 May 2023
Note: Commonwealth Support Places (CSPs) will be allocated in timely application rounds, you will need to have submitted your full application prior to the timely application deadline to ensure you have the best chance to obtain a CSP.
Please note that assessment for the Master of Science (Physics) occurs during the following selection rounds:
- Start-year intake – Selection round occurs in December with outcomes provided in late December
- Mid-year intake – Selection round occurs in June with outcomes provided in late June.
If you require an outcome prior to these selection rounds for scholarship purposes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply you will need:
- Course code: MC-SCIPHY
- Evidence of meeting the University’s English Language Requirements
- Transcripts for all courses attempted or completed, including an explanation of the grading system used
- An official syllabus or subject description (in English) for the subject/s you believe meet the subject-specific prerequisites
- Names of your 3 preferred School of Physics supervisors
- If you intend to apply for Graduate Access Melbourne, you will need supporting evidence.
Graduate Research Pathway
If you enter the Master of Science (Physics) with an entry score of at least 80%, you’ll also receive a conditional offer for a Doctor of Philosophy (Science) (PhD). There’s no need to apply separately for this pathway – we’ll provide further information in your MSc offer letter. More about the Graduate Research Pathway