Master of Screenwriting
- CRICOS Code: 075501C
How to apply
2020 Start Year Intake (Main Assessment Round for Domestic and International Applicants)
Applications open: early April 2019
Applications close: 30 September 2019, 11.59pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
There are three components to each application. Applicants must submit components 1-2 by the application closing date:
A direct application via University's application portal
Selection Test via SlideRoom
Submit a Selection Test via SlideRoom. You will also be required to upload a CV and pitch two screen-based projects.
After the application closing date, if short-listed, applicants will be required to attend an interview as the final component of the application process. For more information please see Interviews section below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview in Melbourne. Applicants will discuss their creative work and suitability for the course with an interview panel.
Can't attend the interview?
While we strongly recommend all short-listed applicants attend an interview in person, applicants who are overseas or interstate may alternatively attend a phone interview. Please indicate your availability in the SlideRoom component of your application.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable processing fee of $5USD payable via SlideRoom.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Check entry requirements and make sure you're eligible.
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty's Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
- Complete a direct application via the University's application portal (use course code MC-SCWR)
- Complete a Selection Test via SlideRoom
- Shortlisted applicants attend an interview.