Master of Urban Design
- CRICOS Code: 072812A
How to apply
1. Completion of an undergraduate degree
Ensure you meet the undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree) prerequisite for the program you would like to apply for.
- A three-year undergraduate degree in an Urban Design, Landscape Architecture or Architecture discipline with a weighted average mark of at least 65% equivalent to the University of Melbourne grading scheme.
- View the Master of Urban Design entry requirements.
- Graduate Access Melbourne (GAM) is the University's special entry and access scheme for graduate domestic students. Please check the GAM eligibility criteria before you apply.
2. Submission of academic results
- Provide an original or copy of your academic transcript together with a grading scale used by the University (or Faculty/Department) where you completed your undergraduate degree.
- Please ensure any transcripts for studies completed as part of a study abroad/exchange program are included as well as transcripts for subjects transferred/credited towards your degree.
3. English language
- Domestic applicants who have not completed previous studies in Australia may need to satisfy the University's English Language requirements.
4. Design portfolio
A design portfolio is required for the Master of Urban Design.
- Portfolios are to be submitted through the online submission portal Slideroom.
- If your work is a product of university study please specify a short description of the brief, the academic year level of the studio, the subject name and the nature of your involvement (i.e. individual or group work).
- You must indicate if each project is individual or group work. In the case of group work or a professional project, please indicate roles, responsibilities and the percentage of your input to the design project. You should include only one professional or work experience project in the portfolio unless your undergraduate degree was completed 5 or more years before the date of submission.
- Where a page of the portfolio has multiple images, please label each image.
- Applicants must review the requirements listed in the Design Portfolio Guide when compiling their portfolios.
- See how design portfolios are assessed by the Selection Committee: Design Portfolio Matrix.
Payment: There is a portfolio submission fee of USD$5 which you will need to pay before your portfolio can successfully be submitted. You can pay the submission fee using one of the following: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, Diner’s Club and China Union Pay.
Note that portfolios are evaluated digitally and should be easily readable with limited zooming or scrolling.
Each page of your portfolio should include:
5. Application dates
- Final application deadline for Semester 1, 2020 is 30 November 2019
- Please note this course does not offer a Semester 2 intake
- Semester start dates are available in the Academic Calendar
- You should hear within 4 weeks of submission of your complete application (including all supporting documentation) when applying for the next available intake
- Please be aware that applications which are not for the next immediate intake may take longer to assess as we prioritise applications for the upcoming semester
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- Submission of academic results
- English Language Requirements
- Design portfolio
- Note application dates