Master of Urban Planning
- CRICOS Code: 002524M
How to apply
Please check the entry requirements before you apply.
1. Completion of an undergraduate degree
Ensure you meet the undergraduate degree (Bachelor degree) prerequisite.
For the Master of Urban Planning you need to meet the following criteria for successful entry to the program:
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree with a weighted average of at least 65%, or equivalent to the University of Melbourne grading scheme.
- Submission of a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining relevant prior study and work experience, and motivation to undertake the program.
The Selection Committee may conduct interviews or tests and may call for referee reports and employer references to clarify any of the points above.
2. Submission of academic results
Provide an original or copy of your academic transcript together with a grading scale used by the University (or Faculty/Department) where you completed your undergraduate degree.
Please ensure any transcripts for studies completed as part of a study abroad/exchange program are included as well as transcripts for subjects transferred/credited towards your degree.
If you have completed your Bachelor degree at the University of Melbourne you do not need to submit a hard copy of your results.
3. English language
Domestic applicants who have not completed previous studies in Australia may need to satisfy the University's English Language requirements.
4. Personal statement
Applications for the Master of Urban Planning require a personal statement of up to 500 words outlining prior study, work experience, and motivation to undertake the program.
Your statement can be uploaded via the online application system.
Read about personal statements and how they are assessed.
5. Application dates
Final application deadline dates are as follows:
- Semester 2, 2019: apply by 31 May 2019
Semester start dates are available in the Academic Calendar
If you are a domestic student, you should hear within 4 weeks of submission of your complete application (including all supporting documentation).
Late applications may be accepted in special circumstances.
If you need more information before submitting your application, we are here to help.
Call us: 13 6352 | International: +(61 3) 9035 5511
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you’re eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements.
- Gather your supporting documentation.
- Complete the online application form.